Gluten Free Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Are you looking for a healthy, gluten free dinner recipe for your family they will LOVE? Imagine your family eating a healthy meal you made and they actually enjoy it. It is possible!
Nutrition Facts: Amount Per Serving
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 8 oz can Green Chiles chopped
- 15 oz can White Beans drained canned (Northern Beans)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion chopped
- ½ Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts cooked and shredded
- 14 oz Green Enchilada Sauce gluten-free
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ tsp Real Salt
- 8-10 Gluten-free tortillas corn or gluten-free flour tortillas
- 12 oz Monterey Jack or Colby Jack cheese shredded
- Place the olive oil and chopped onion in a saucepan. Saute on medium/high heat until onion is soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, place the cream cheese in the base of a stand mixer and beat with a paddle until smooth. Add the green chilies and beans and mix in until beans are slightly smashed.
- Add 2/3 of the onion to the cream cheese mixture. Set saucepan with remaining onion aside.
- Mix the onion and the shredded chicken into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the saucepan with reserved onion back on medium/high heat. Add the enchilada sauce, garlic powder, sour cream, and salt to the saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking together until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/3 of the creamy enchilada sauce into a 9x13 baking dish and spread to cover.
- Heat the tortillas for a minute in a frying pan or in the oven so they are soft and pliable and don't break when folding.
- Divide the cream cheese/chicken filling between 8-10 tortillas. Sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese on top of the filling in each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortillas into enchiladas and place side by side in prepared dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce, spreading the sauce across the tops of the enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
Recipe credit: GlutenFreeDaddy.com